Top 6 things I am thankful for this year
Here are just a few of the reasons I have to be thankful this year...and you are on the top of the list :)
1. YOU! My partners: It just blows me away that there are over 60 people that want to see change in the world so much that they are willing to sacrifice by financially and prayerfully partnering with me! 21 US states and 6 countries are all coming together to bring up strong youth in Zambia! (Just look at that map!) Meeting with all of you has been beyond an honor.
2. My students: Needless to say, they bring me lots of joy and take awesome selfies. I can’t wait for next year.
3. Nanna Lukama, my boss’s wife. Some days are hard as a missionary and on those days I am so thankful I have people like Nanna, who is right next door and always understanding.
4. My family: our skype dates every week are just a hoot. I love laughing with you all.
5. Quiet mornings: Whether in the US or Zambia, I love a slow morning with a nice egg breakfast, a cup of coffee, and a good podcast.
6. Mexican food and taco Tuesdays: Random I know, but I am just so thankful for Mexican food. I don't get much of it in Zambia so it makes me doubly appreciative while I am back. When I am Zambia, though, I lean on my homemade Taco Tuesdays for my Mexican fix.
So that's my list. Would love to know yours! Feel free to respond :)
I hope your Turkey Day has been full of family, friends, and lots of good food. May you feel the blessing of God fully in your life.
With love and thanks,
*Check out my new website with pictures and stories at www.aprilsylvester.com*